Ongar Place Primary has always worked closely with other schools in the local area to benefit our children and teachers. Since 2015 we have worked as a group of five schools:
‘The STAR Collaboration’
DARLEY DENE PRIMARY SCHOOL
MEADOWCROFT INFANT SCHOOL
ONGAR PLACE PRIMARY SCHOOL
STEPGATES COMMUNITY SCHOOL
THE GRANGE COMMUNITY INFANT SCHOOL
Collaborative and partnership working enables us to work together to self-evaluate, celebrate strengths, support each other, identify future challenges and learn together. All schools have an equal voice within the collaboration and share a Memorandum of Understanding. We recognise each school’s individual culture and ethos and we celebrate and share differences.
Ofsted recognised the success of our collaboration in the Meadowcroft Ofsted report:
‘Your regular work with a collaboration of local schools allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of the school more robustly. Staff are able to broaden their horizons and share training and expertise across schools.’ Jan ‘17
What have we done together?
- The Head Teachers’ share information regarding their schools including results, objectives, school evaluation and school development plan
- Each school has a formal Peer Review visit from other Head Teachers in the collaboration to support the school self-evaluation process
- Teachers from different schools ‘buddy up’ to support each other
- We have applied and received a grant from the Music Hub and organised a Key Stage One Music Festival that parents could attend
- Working closely with the confederation we moderate assessment of English and Maths
- We have provided safeguarding training for Governors and staff
- Our governors meet together to train and support each other.
- We have developed our provision of the National Curriculum 2014 together
- We are developing our Arts provision across the schools
We believe that working together:
Secures more rapid improvement across our schools in teaching, learning, assessment, leadership and management and outcomes for pupils.
Allows us to share expertise and work together to broaden the experience of all children.
Support Senior Leaders to continually improve attainment and progression through the primary phase in their schools.